*HAVE FUN! The FAU, or, "Funny Activities Universe" was created for casual, family friendly fun. The activities are designed for the fun of all, NOT for the competitive attitudes of a few. By following The Rules everyone will have a safe, fair, and fun experience.
* THE REFEREE'S RULING IS FINAL. This means that if they rule you as being "hit" during a game, being ejected for bad or unsafe behavior, rude language, or doing ANYTHING to detract from the fun of others, THERE WILL BE NO ROOM FOR ARGUMENT. The Referee's job is to insure a Safe, Fun, Fair Play Area, that is respectful for ALL involved.
* SAFETY GLASSES SHALL BE WORN AT ALL TIMES IN THE PLAY AREA. If the safety glasses are taken off in the play area, we may have to ask you to leave.
* IF YOU ARE "HIT" THEN IT COUNTS AS A HIT. The Foam Dart Games rely heavily on the Honor System of taking yourself out if if you are knowingly hit. Ricochets and Bank-Shots do not count as a "hit". "Blind Firing" also does not count. You must be able to see and target the other person for your shots to count. While the Referee cannot catch ALL unreported hits (cheating) the repeated bad-behavior WILL be caught and the player ejected.
* NO INTENTIONAL FACE SHOTS. If the Referee observes ANY INTENTIONAL Face-Shots, the player will be ejected. We understand the darts do not exactly fly very straight, but we do know what an intentional Face Shot looks like.
* NO TACKLING OR BODY CONTACT BETWEEN ANY PLAYERS. This includes pushing tripping, striking, etc.
* DO NOT GET INTO AN ARGUMENT over whether you were hit or not. These are FUN games, and making them "serious" ruins the spririt of it all. Just take the "hit" and come back as the better player.
*DO NOT SIT ON BARRIERS/BOXES OR TIP OR MOVE THEM, this is for the safety of all.
* YOU CAN CALL, "HOLD!". DO IT LOUDLY AND REPEATEDLY UNTIL THE REFEREE STOPS THE ACTION. If you or another Player gets injured, by all means call, "HOLD!" so that proper action can be taken. HOLDS can also be called if you observe another player causing an unsafe action. The Referee will then sort the situation out.
*ROUNDS WILL BE PROVIDED. We take great pride in offering Accurate Firing Rounds for General Sessions, and Glow-Rounds for Glow-Nights. When a "Dart Sweep" is called, gather all of the darts off of the floor and return them to the Common Bins in the play area. This will help set-up for the next game, and also teach good habits by practice.
*EQUIPMENT: We provide the blasters and darts. This is done for a variety of reasons. Given the Kid-Friendly / Family-Friendly Casual Nature of the FAU. Observed abuse of the equipment will result in ejection.